I am a clean freak. I love everything to be organized and in it’s place. Unfortunately I sometimes forget I live with someone now, and he doesn’t always know where my secret hiding places are – cue the label maker. This device has saved us from many a fight and I highly recommend you go to Costco and pick one up ASAP.
While you are there pick up some shoebox sized plastic containers and get to organizing! Our house is VERY tiny, so every space has to be smartly used. We have barely ANY closet space, so I turned our bathroom cabinets into a “storage home base.”
I created the following containers for our bathroom, and then have made some (that we use more infrequently) to be stored in our garage:
- Shampoo/Conditioner (full and travel sized)
- Hair Products (gel, hair spray, volumizer)
- Soaps and Scrubs (hotel samples, scrubs)
- Lotions and Beauty Products (lotions, cleansers, deodorant)
- Medicine (Advil, Airborne, Band Aids)
- Nail Stuff (nail polish, polish remover, nail files)
- Sunscreen (sun screen, after sun care, lip sunscreen)
- Oral Care (toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss)
- Shaving Products (extra blades, razors, shaving cream)
I also bought a airline regulation sized clear plastic bag (thicker and more reusable than a Ziplock) and extra travel sized necessities to have on hand when we are carrying on. It makes it a lot easier to pack when all you have to worry about is the “fun stuff” – ie clothes and jewelry.
Just a few ideas to get you started… it really helps to save space putting everything in it’s own container, opposed to standing everything up on shelf (plus it looks better – in my opinion).
Outside in the garage we have a few more containers:
- Vacuum (attachments for our Dyson)
- Party Supplies (extra straws, gift bags, candles, etc.)
- Light Bulbs
- Manuals (great to not have to search for them when you can’t figure out how to work something)