J was out of town on business and unlike my usual dinner of Annie’s mac and cheese when he’s away, I decided to step it up and treat myself to something a little nicer.
I am a recipe junkie and love following them, so you will rarely find me “whipping” something up… but that is exactly what I did! I found these awesome organic, thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the grocery store and swooped them up. They came in a family pack of like 12 breasts, so I put a few aside for this week’s dinners then individually froze the rest in sandwich sized Ziploc bags for use later on.
So back to dinner…
Grown up Chicken Fingers aka Chicken Milanese
- 1 thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 bread crumbs
- 1/4 olive oil
- I took the chicken breast and dipped it in milk, then dredged it in bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes on one side.
- Flip and cook about 2-3 more minutes
- I had nothing to serve it with so I garnished it with chives, but sauteing some cherry tomatoes in the pan with the chicken the serving atop spinach would be very yummy too.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Aioli
- 10-20 Brussel Sprouts cut into wedges
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle spouts with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to make sure everything is coated.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until one side is golden brown.
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Mix everything together and enjoy with the crispy brussel sprouts!