With the temperatures at an all time high this week, my long hair is not conducive to staying cool… the answer – the bun! I’ve been asked for tips on how I do my bun, so I wanted to share my tips with you all… here we go!
Before you begin… hop in the shower and run a deep conditioner through your hair (you don’t even fully have to rinse it out). I spray a detangler or leave-in conditioner and run a restoring product through my ends (I use hair days like this to give my hair a break and help bring it back to life!!). Once you’ve done that… we’re ready to go!
1. Brush out your hair.
2. Flip hair upside down and brush your hair out until smooth.
3. Use a fine toothed comb to brush out any lumps. Make sure to go through the base of the pony so you don’t have a lot of bumps on your crown.
4. Secure ponytail with a rubber band (or two in my case). You want it to be tight but not not so much that you have a headache all day 🙂
5. Twist pony tail and start wrapping it around the base of your ponytail.
6. Continue to wrap your ponytail around your existing hair.
7. Once your ponytail is fully wrapped around you have a couple options – 1. You can pin your hair at this point or 2. Continue on with the rest of my tutorial.
8. Lift the thicker/top portion of your bun upward.
9. Pull that section forward and tuck the thinner strand underneath the thicker portion.
10. Secure bun with bobby pins. I try to lay them parallel to my scalp so they are concealed and secure.
11. Enjoy your simple, easy do for the day! Finish with hairspray!