I had to prep a gluten free appetizer and got overwhelmed by the fact that pretty much every hors d’oeuvre I love is based on carbs/bread/gluten. My solution bruschetta dip! Or as I also call it… Italian salsa!
- 2-3 cups heirloom tomatoes/Sweet 100’s (the key is GREAT produce… I picked everything up from the farmers market that day)
- 3 cloves garlic (or more if you really love garlic)
- a large handful of basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Slice tomatoes into bite-size pieces (I quartered them), cut basil into thin strips (I rolled 5 leaves at a time and used herb shears to cut thin strips), and mince garlic. Combine everything in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour to let the flavors really meld together.
- Serve with gluten free crackers (if going the gluten free approach)… otherwise serve with buttered and toasted baguette bread slices!