One of my guilty pleasures? Salt and vinegar chips!
I have been into baking my own chips for sometime, but wanted to take things to the next level and figure out how to make flavored baked chips… here is what I did:
1. Used a mandolin to thinly slice 3 russet potatoes (thinness is to your liking, I prefer on the thinner side).
2. Immediately submerge potato slices in ice water, while you continue to slice the rest of the potatoes.
3. Drain potatoes and transfer to a large pot. Fill pot with white vinegar, until potatoes are completely covered.
4. Bring potato slices to a boil over medium high heat, let boil for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for at least 30 minutes to let the vinegar flavor marinate.
6. Gently remove potatoes from vinegar and dry on paper towels.
7. Transfer to a baking sheet (coated with cooking spray) and spray top side of potato slices with oil or cooking spray as well. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
8. Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.