I was looking for some fun cocktails to kick off our Thanksgiving meal (isn’t cooking more fun with a cocktail!?)… and came across quite the line-up of fun libations. BUT tequila? In a autumn cocktail? I was intrigued and had to try it… I introduce to you… the Manzarita (“manzana” is apple in Spanish).
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- 3/4 oz elderflower liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz apple juice or cider
- 1/2 lemon, quartered
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Muddle lemon and cinnamon in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, tequila, elderflower liqueur, and apple juice and shake well.
- Strain into an ice filled glass and top with a dash of cinnamon.
I was blown away with how much I enjoyed this… and a little tequila never hurt anyone at a family gathering (some of you may welcome it more than others 🙂 ). Cheers!