NYE tends to be one of the most stressful days of the year for me. I always forget about it/put off planning anything, and then a day or two (or the day of), I’m running around trying to make plans – when all I usually want to do is sit on my couch and drink some champagne. No matter your agenda for tonight, it never hurts to have a little cheat sheet of last minute appetizer ideas for any impromptu guests or plans.
Here are some of my favorite that we have created this holiday season:
Whipped Ricotta with Pomegranates and Mint
- Add whole milk ricotta to a food processor and turn on for 1-2 minutes until cheese gets to your preferred whipped consistency.
- Sprinkle in freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Drizzle with high quality EVOO and sprinkle pomegranate seeds and shopped mint leaves.
- Enjoy with flat bread or pita.
Basil & Apricot Bites
- Mix goat cheese with chopped basil to taste (I used 4 oz goat cheese to 1-2 Tablespoons) in a bowl.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the cheese mixture onto a dried apricot.
- Top with a marcona almond and drizzle with honey.
- We opted for the “save time” route by simply forgoing the actual creating of the purses and served them blini style – which was just as yummy!
For some more entertaining ideas check out here!