I realized that the majority of my cocktails lately have been cider/apple based and I decided it was time to give it a mix-up. How do you take a summer fun drink and turn it into something holiday appropriate? Introduce the cranberry.
I am usually a little weary of cranberries… the tartness is usually a bit much for me, but when used to flavor a simple syrup (ie sweet), it was the perfect addition. Plus cranberries and mint pose a striking resemblance to holly!
Cranberry Christmas Mojito
- 2 oz Cranberry Simple Syrup (add a single layer of cranberries to simmer in the pot you are using)
- 2 oz White Rum
- 3 oz Club Soda
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Muddle lime juice and mint leaves in a glass.
- Add simple syrup and rum. Stir.
- Fill with ice and top with club soda
- Garnish with additional cranberries and mint.