Going to Buena Vista Cafe in SF for an Irish Coffee has been on my to-do list for some time… and still is.
But as a little Christmas miracle, my sister (who recently went to Buena Vista and witnessed the bartenders at work), perfected the task and crafted some for the family on Christmas morning!
World Famous Irish Coffee
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- coffee to taste (1/2-1 cup depending on preference)
- 1 shot whiskey
- homemade whipped cream (heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar to taste)
1. Make whipped cream using listed above ingredients in a KitchenAid – blend until peaks form.
2. Brew coffee.
3. While making coffee, put hot water in glasses to warm them up (don’t want glass to crack!)
4. Once coffee is ready, you are all set to assemble your Irish Coffee!
5. Start with 2 tsp sugar in the bottom of your glass (make sure to dump out hot water first!)
6. Pour coffee in over the sugar.
7. Add shot of water to mixture.
8. Stir coffee and whiskey mixture together.
9.Using one spoon, scoop up whipped cream, then use a second spoon to scrap whipped cream into coffee mixture.