Lately I have been picking up kale at the farmers market (3 bunches for $5!), but considering my hubby isn’t on the kale train yet, I’ve had to get creative as to what to do with it all. Most of it goes to this salad, but one of my favorite things to whip up with any extra leaves is this – kale chips!
It’s super easy and super healthy… Here is what you need:
- Lacinato Kale (I used 1 bunch)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or flavored olive oil)
- Salt (I used Maldeon)
- Apple Cider Vinegar*
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wash kale leaves and dry.
3. Tear leaves from stem and rip into “chip”size pieces (they will shrink once baked) 4. Toss with oil (or oil and vinegar if you are going for a “salt and vinegar” approach) until fully coated (but not soggy).
5. Bake for 15-20 until crispy and slightly golden around the edges.
6. Sprinkle with salt (and/or top with shredded Parmesan).
7. Snack away! There are so many combination possibilities… Get creative (but at the end of the day good ol’ olive oil and salt tastes great)!