Luckily, I found a way to make a relatively quick and very tasty Huevos at home. The biggest plus for me? Minimal clean up 🙂
- Corn Tortillas
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Salsa Verde (I use the TJ’s version)
- Beans (Black or Pinto – drained, rinsed)
- Brush olive oil on the inside of a custard tin (XL muffin tin/pan).
- Warm corn tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds or until soft/pliable (wrap them in paper towel first!)
- Push them into muffin tin and brush with oil.
- Place a spoonful of beans into the bottom. You also could get creative with the step and add finely diced onion, cilantro, etc.
- Grate a little cheese over the beans (to your liking).
- Crack egg over bean/cheese mixture (make sure it is contained in corn tortilla shell.
- Grate more cheese a top the egg (I like the egg pretty much covered).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with pico de gallo, salsa verde, chopped avocado and cilantro!