So I’m not a big beer drinker and I don’t think sipping on a super fruity cocktail is going to fly for the big game this Sunday, so I wanted to whip up something that is football friendly yet tastes yummy enough for the ladies… here we go!
Bourbon and Orange Smash
Serves 4 – Adapted from Real Simple
- Zest of 1 orange, peeled into strips
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons bitters
- 12 oz fresh squeezed orange juice (I threw in a couple blood oranges)
- 12 oz club soda (1 can)
- 6 oz bourbon
- In a large pitcher, muddle orange zest, sugar and bitters with a wooden spoon.
- Add orange juice, club soda and bourbon.
- Stir and serve!
* Feel free to make the drink up to 6 hours in advance – just withhold the club soda, and add right before serving!