In preparation for our annual family vacation, the Feezor females have kicked healthy eating into over drive – gotta get swimsuit ready! That being said, I still have a major sweet tooth, and sometimes it just cannot be denied.
I have been on the prowl to figure out a great dessert option that is quick, easy and has a little bit less guilt factor. I introduce you to – the Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie – created by the very talented Shockingly Delicious! I’m telling you, with 5 ingredients, and no usual gluten free baking ingredients (you know what I’m talking about – aarowroot starch, xanthan gum, tapioca flour – WHO HAS THIS IN THE PANTRY?!), this is a great way to fight a craving before you walk down to 7-11 to binge out on Snickers Bars and Skittles.
GF Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used organic TJ’s)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend above ingredients in a Kitchen Aid mixer until well mixed (about a minute or so).
- Use a cookie scoop to portion cookie dough to a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Using fork tines, press the usual “peanut butter cookie crosshatch” pattern into the tops of the dough balls.
- Sprinkle course sugar (I used raw brown sugar).
- Bake for 11 minutes and let cool on baking pan for 5 minutes or so (they are really fragile until they have cooled down).
- Let cool completely on a rack and store in airtight container.
- Allow yourself to eat one cookie… as to not completely botch your attempt at dieting.
Now go make them and tell me that you would even know they are gluten free…