When celebrating Kendall’s birthday this past weekend, we wanted to make a special space to truly honor her and act as a “party hub” for our group. I wanted to share some of our set-up ideas, as well as some 21st birthday gift suggestions (I’m always trying to figure out fun gift ideas)…
For the “birthday bar” area, we went with a pink theme and bought some cans of Sofia Blanc de Blanc for sipping, Kendall’s favorite pink sugar cookies (and a birthday cupcake) from Icing on the Cake, and Rose Macarons from Miette in the city. We had some waters on hand to help with some necessary rehydrating, and had other snacks and treats available for late night munching.
I made this banner using this sweet template from MarthaStewart.com and colored string.
My mom had M&Ms custom made with “Happy Birthday” and “Happy 21st” phrases on them… as well as HER FACE!!! I couldn’t get over how amazing they were!
We also framed one of our favorite pictures of the birthday girl to adorn our birthday set up! It was a nice little keepsake for her to take home at the end of the weekend.
We also framed the weeks itinerary (so everyone knew what was going on/when they needed to be ready). We also had to have some crowns available to properly kick off the birthday celebration! 🙂
For her birthday gift, I put together a little “drinking kit” with a fun little poem that explained the contents. Here are some fun things to include:
- A beautiful tray to set up a bar area in her home from Home Goods
- Some great martini glasses from Cost Plus World Market
- A gorgeous decanter from TJ Maxx
- Homemade pomegranate infused vodka (to put in the decanter)
- YSL lip gloss (to wear downtown)
- Taco Bell gift cards (a favorite late night stop for Cal Poly college students)
- Bottle of water (to hydrate after a night of drinking)
- Card games/drinking games
- Cab money
- Fun cocktail napkins for entertaining
- A cute monogrammed clutch to carry for a night out
What are some other fun 21st birthday gift ideas?!