This week is all about getting Spring Break ready! While being a college grad/adult, I may not get an actual “Spring Break” on my calendar anymore.. but I am lucky enough to get to tag along on my family’s annual vacation – thus gifting myself a “Spring Break” each year.
That being said, working 8-10 hour days everyday takes a toll on your body, and getting spring break ready is a lot of work… so this week is going to focus on some key points. First up – health.
The past few weeks I have been focusing on clean eating – a lot of produce and fish, and minimal red meat/gluten, and no processed foods. That being said whole eating is a priority, and here is one of my go-to salads (great for dinner or lunches for the week).
BBQ Veggie Salad
- 1 head of Romanesco cauliflower (or regular cauliflower)
- Lentils or black beans
- Red Onion
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Tortilla Chips (optional)
- Cut cauliflower into florets and roast at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Brush BBQ sauce onto cauliflower and bake 3 minutes more.
- Assemble salad with ingredients of your choice.
- Top with more BBQ sauce and/or ranch dressing.
* Disclaimer: The joy of this salad is it doesn’t really need a recipe – you can add (or not add) whatever you would like – other ideas include cilantro, corn, celery, cheese (if you don’t want to go dairy free), etc.